Finishing Your Degree

A series of forms needs to be completed in order to received your degree. All students should start this process in their first semester in the program. Please note that both the Certificate and the Master's program require a 3.0 GPA in order for a degree to be awarded.

Steps to Complete Your Degree:

All forms can be found in the GradPath system. The GradPath system can be found in your UAccess Student Center. To navigate to GradPath Forms, use the drop-down menu in the Academics section, which will allow you to enter into the GradPath area. From there, navigate to "GradPath Forms."

  1. Update your personal information. Please make sure the address we have for you is accurate; your degree will be sent here!
  2. Complete the Responsible Conduct of Research Statement. Every student must do this form. Once submitted you will be able to access the rest of the forms.
  3. Complete a Plan of Study. Click on Create New; search for your major adviser (Kirssa Cline Ryckman) and add correct courses to your Plan of Study. There is also a transfer coursework section if you have any transfer work to be counted towards your degree. Click Submit.
  4. Complete the Master's/Specialist Committee Appointment Form (Master's degree only). Once your Plan of Study has been approved, this form will become available. Click on Create New to fill out this form.
    • For most students, you will choose "No" for the question "Do you have a Master's Committee?"
    • For students doing a thesis, choose "Yes" for "Do you have a Master's Committee?" Contact Dr. Ryckman ( to finalize your committee. 
  5. Pay the graduation services fee which will be added to your Bursar’s account. If you end your program with a balance, your degree will be posted, but a hold will be put on your diploma until the balance is cleared. More information on this fee can be found here

For More Information


Please note that your diploma will be mailed to you about four weeks after your graduation date, after your final degree audit is complete. Diplomas will be mailed regardless of whether you attend a graduation ceremony or not. No diplomas are given at commencement. 

Proof of an awarded degree will also appear on your final transcript, and you may want to request a final transcript as soon as you know that your degree is posted.  You should be able to see your award date on UAccess. You can also contact our councilor at the Graduate College for an update on the status of your degree.